This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and skilled communications/marketing professional to make an impact. The successful candidate will enjoy high levels of autonomy and responsibility.
Working with us is an excellent opportunity for any self-motivated individual to get involved with exciting and vibrant web and mobile projects that are technologically challenging and innovative. Simple brochure and wordpress sites are not our target market - we like a challenge and want to work with groundbreaking technology and offer solutions where other agencies couldn’t help.
The role will include some evening work attending events and may include UK travel. Working from our office in Hartley Wintney, you will be sitting with our commercial team and report to FARM's Commercial Director.
- Continuously evolving and promoting brand awareness.
- Update and maintain our websites regularly.
- Formulating and delivering the organisation’s content and communications strategies.
- Manage and generate content and social feeds across all social media platforms.
- Engage and interact with followers/feedback on our social channels.
- Tasked with increasing engagement and delivering high quality, relevant content.
- Raising the organisation’s media profile and positioning FARM as a ‘go to’ agency.
- Ghost writing and/or authoring blog posts, articles and comment pieces.
- Seeking speaking opportunities for senior FARM management.
- Plan, prepare and play a key role in organising events, from finding the venue through to marketing, communicating with third parties and hosting.
- Report regularly on these activities, including tracking response rates, SEO performance, and traffic to the site and identify opportunities to optimise this further.
- Work with the relevant tools and data to deliver targeted, appropriate and regular Customer E-Communications, customer surveys and feedback which improves our relationships with them, adds value, increases loyalty and Customer Lifetime Value.
- Nurture relationships and develop leads for FARM; an established network is considered a big plus.
- Reinforce and act as an ambassador for the Company Values.
Skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience in a similar digital role.
- You must be intelligent, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Passion for digital with agency background is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proactive and can-do attitude.
- You will be articulate and able to write good copy.
- Able to take ownership of your work, and be responsible for your own direction.
- Think outside the box, fit in with a fun, off-beat company culture.
As a software developer at FARM, you'll be building the software that makes our clients happy; software that can sell products, software which drives donations to charities, software to help connect people and software which pushes the boundaries.
You'll be working on the code that drives our success, and that of our clients. We insist on extensive functional testing, which allows us to ship code regularly with confidence. We iterate fast and build the features that our clients need, more quickly than they expected possible.
Our clients have complex needs and our team is full of people capable of designing and implementing elegant software solutions; we want you to be part of this.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently to build a product that gets the job done. We’re not architecture astronauts, we’re realists, and we value shipping code to our customers.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to simplify complicated concepts and to explain those concepts to people with a wide variety of backgrounds.
- The ability to determine the best use of one's own time. We want you to be self-directed and to choose the schedule that you think will bring the best value to you and the company. You should be able to work independently, but you should readily seek advice and discussion from co-workers when you are stuck.
- A good sense of how code should be designed and how to achieve an effective balance between simplicity, readability, and maintainability while minimizing redundancy.
- Experience with SQL, and experience using an ORM is an added bonus.
- Comfortable working knowledge of Git.
Nice to have:
- Specific experience with Django. We do use other frameworks from time-to-time, but we write a LOT of our code in Django, so real familiarity would be in your favour. Ditto django-cms.
- Familiarity with twelve-factor applications, and how to apply the twelve-factor principles to your code.
- Knowledge of AWS would be favourable.
- Knowledge of TDD, and CI. If you don’t know enough about this, it’ll be the first thing you learn!
- Any hardware you need. eg. Macbook Pro/Dell XPS, monitors, decent input devices.
- Generous conference and training budget. We’re regularly at conferences, home and abroad.
- Monthly team lunches and knowledge sharing events. Seriously, the lunches are huge.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle To Work scheme.
A Designer at FARM is more than just a pixel pusher. You’ll be responsible for all things related to how our client’s websites look and work. You’ll work closely throughout each stage of a project, assisting our production team to create innovative and functional wireframes, working with other like minded designers to create mind blowing visual concepts and finally push our front end development team to implement your designs across all devices.
You’ll need to fit the following:
- Be able to produce engaging design concepts for our wide range of clients across multiple devices including desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of modern HTML and CSS.
- Know enough JS to be dangerous.
- We use the Adobe family of products to produce our visual concepts, so experience with those applications is advantageous (however we’re always open to new tools that will make everyone’s lives better, if you use something different show us why!)
- A keen ambition to keep learning and stay ahead of the curve, this isn’t a job to coast in.
- Ability to make the most of your own time and work quickly and efficiently under your own steam.
- Stellar communication skills, your designs need to speak for themselves but we need you to be able to present your ideas.
Front End Developer
Front end development is about solving complex problems with succinct solutions. You’ll have an exhaustive knowledge of the holy trinity of front end (HTML,CSS,JS) and be comfortable working with others in a tight knit team. You’ll be able to adapt your workflow to make the most of modern technologies and be always looking to learn better ways to get your job done. Your markup will be bulletproof and have a level of polish to match our visual concepts.
- Be developing and testing responsive, cross-browser and cross platform solutions.
- Write clean concise and semantic HTML.
- Keep your shit tidy, other people will need to read and edit your well organised and maintainable CSS.
- Understand that the web is all about interaction and your use of innovative CSS3 and JS will demonstrate this.
- Will know how to efficiently deconstruct a PSD into lightweight responsive markup.
- Have the ability to systematically debug and resolve cross-browser/platform problems.
- Need to be comfortable with the command-line. You'll be running real code on your machine as you build.
- Be comfortable working with our design team to implement their ideas into robust final markup.
- Be comfortable working with our back-end team to create flexible reusable templates.
- Understand the web is for everyone and make sure your work is accessible as possible.
Some things we use:
- We use Sass to keep our CSS clean and maintainable.
- We primarily work with Django CMS to build our templates.
- We use GIT for version control.